Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Creation and Carbon

Well, this is overdue...my intention was to post regularly, but alas the swift movement of days has kept me occupied...so much I could write about...so much I have learned and felt since January, and I am still striving to maintain balance and peace...for now, I will offer up a piece that I wrote a couple of weeks ago...love to all, beauty to all...

I was born of creation and carbon...
of flesh and of soil...
for everything we live becomes part of us,
and we of it...
when we touch things,
our identity and its building blocks flake off onto each surface and facade...
our breath is breathed back in by those surrounding...
as much as I don't want to admit it,
my energy and surrounding world are my responsibility...
see hands rise from untilled sodden land and
reach for the things that have been made tangible by creation and carbon...
fingers searching for the switch to illuminate the shade...

2 comments:

Giles Family said...

Ooh Ooh Ooh...I've found your blog and I LOVE it! Karen you are so very talented with words and you have an incredible mind. Can't wait to read more. You're welcome to check out my blog too if you want. I am, however, WAY overdue for a post to it. Much love to you!!
PS our girls are graduating :(

loriann said...

Very nice! You should write more often. You have so much to offer all of us as we see the world through your eyes. The view is very, very nice.